WSO Certified Safety & Security Director (WSO-CSSD) is an individual responsible for the safety and security of people, property, resources or environment or any single segment or combined segments thereof. Security must be one of the segments. This individual will utilize knowledge, skills, training and expertise learned from various educational sources plus competencies acquired from actual work and field experiences to pre-vent or control hazards, potential losses and risks. The applicant must be proficient in the professional skills required in the security profession and have the basic knowledge to cope with and handle any risks in the areas of safety.
Certification Requirements: An applicant must be
a current WSO Affiliate Member, Click here to learn
be of good moral character,
meet application requirements,
satisfy the educational and experience criteria,
pay the required fee.
pass the written exam
All applications for certification shall be on forms prescribed and furnished by the Board. Processing shall conform with procedures prescribed by the Board.
Experience Requirements: An applicant must have at least ten years of professional safety experience, or a combination of education and experience to equal 10 years (see below for education equivalent).
- A candidate for certification with a Bachelor degree that is equivalent to 01 year of the experience requirements. The degree should be in safety, i.e., physical sciences, engineering, safety management, security, or other curricula acceptable to the WSO Certification Board.
- A master degree acceptable to the WSO Certification Board may be recognized as equivalent to 02 additional years of professional safety work.
- A doctorate degree, acceptable to the WSO Certification Board, may be recognized as equivalent to 03 additional years of safety experience.
- Relevant professional licensing, certification or registration may be recognized by the WSO Certification Board as equivalent for up to 02 years of professional experience.
Note: The above experience equivalents shall be acceptable at the highest level and shall not be cumulative.
Written Examination Requirements: Applicants who meet the application, academic, experience, and general requirements, submit required fees, and are approved by the WSO Certification Board, must take the written or online examination. The applicant will be tested in all of the areas indicated for the respective designations.
The written/online examination for the WSO–Certified Safety & Security Director covers the following areas:
- Safety and Loss Control Science,
- Risk Management,
- Occupational Safety and Health,
- Safety Law and Legislation (applicable country),
- Professional Ethics, and Management Science.