24-hour HAZWOPER (Classroom)
24 hours of Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response training required by OSHA standard 29 CFR Part 1910.120. This course is designed for workers at uncontrolled hazardous waste operations who need 24 hours of HAZWOPER training.
This course teaches workers how to recognize and avoid common risks related to hazardous materials. You’ll learn about personal protective equipment (PPE), hazard communication, decontamination, site emergencies and general workplace safety topics like fall protection.
Who Needs OSHA 24-Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training?
This training is appropriate for workers who are unlikely to experience high-risk exposure hazards at uncontrolled hazardous waste operations. This includes workers on site only occasionally for specific limited tasks and those who work in areas where hazards do no exceed permissible exposure limits.
Roles that require this training include:
- Hazardous materials technicians
- Hazardous materials specialists
- Hazardous materials supervisors
- On-scene incident commanders
- Management and supervisors
Management and supervisors who typically need 40-hour HAZWOPER training can meet OSHA requirements with this 24-hour course if their only area of responsibility is workers who require 24-hour HAZWOPER training. These managers and supervisors will also need to complete eight hours of specialized training at the time of job assignment.
Safety and health topics covered in the 24-hour HAZWOPER course include:
- Fall Protection
- Site Emergencies
- Site Safety Planning
- Detecting Hazardous Materials
- Agencies and Regulations
- Confined Spaces
- Levels of Protection
- Hazardous Waste
- Hazard Communication
- Types of Hazards
- You are provided with the course materials.
- You can contact our tutors via Skype, Zoom, Viber or WhatsApp for further questions
To complete within 2 months, but typically takes about 4 weeks.
- Inform us 3 days in advance to book a test when you are ready for it.
- A 2-hour invigilated (supervised) paper test in a 45 question of multiple choice and written format.
- The test is done at our Center, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; you must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course.
Upon successful completion of the course and pass the tests, a participant will receive a OSHA 24-hour HAZWOPER certificate by IBOEHS.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 24 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 12
- Assessments Yes