Hazard and Effects Management Process (HEMP)
Each organization needs to identify the hazards present in their business or at their site, how and where those hazards can be released and assess the risks of the consequences of those release scenarios. They then have to prepare the Hazard and Effects Register, ensure that the appropriate level of Hazard Analyses is conducted (Controls and Recovery Measures) for identified Red and Yellow risks and then demonstrate that these are managed to ALARP.
What is HEMP?
HEMP is a systematic hazard analysis process used by Shell companies to identify the hazards present in our business or operations, assess the risk of their release and identify the controls and recovery measures that need to be in place to manage that hazard. The HEMP analysis ultimately identifies HSE critical activities and business processes that enable effective management of these control and recovery measures and identifies the job function or functions that are responsible for these control and recovery measures.
This course is ideal for supervisors, mnagers and HSE personnel
This course covers the following points:
- What is HEMP?
- HEMP Process
- HEMP documents
The Practical Steps in the HEMP Process
- Step 1 – Hazard Identification
- Step 2 – Identification of Top Event and Threats
- Step 3 – Assesment of Risks
- Step 4 – Identification of Red and Yellow Risks
- Step 5 – Hazard Control and Recovery Analysis
- Step 6 – Maintaining the Integrity of Control and Recovery Barriers
- Step 7 – Managing Risks to ALARP
The Hazards and Effects Management Process (HEMP) identifies and assesses HSE hazards, implements control and recovery measures, and maintains a documented demonstration that major HSE risks have been reduced to a level that is As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).
After the training, candidates will be able to:
- Use tools in the HEMP process
- Use the RAM
- Use the Bow Tie diagram
This course content is accredited by the Board of Occupational Safety and Health Professionals (BCOSP).
- At the end of each module, you will be given a 25 question quiz to test your knowledge on information covered throughout the course. You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course.
Upon successful completion of the course and pass the test, a participant will receive a HEMP certificate by BCOSP
- 7,600,000 vnd or
Minimum # of participants: 20/class
Course duration: 02 days
Book the course:
Call us: 07220.127.116.11
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 days
- Skill level Supervisors/managers
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes