ISO 14001 EMS Lead Implementer
ISO 14001 EMS Lead Implementer
Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB) is a global provider of training, examination, audit, and certification services for multiple fields
CTSafe Center is in partnership with PECB to deliver ISO courses in Vietnam.
What is ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 is a widely recognized international standard which specifies the requirements for organizations that want to enhance their environmental performance and increase their operational efficiency. The framework that is based on ISO 14001 will help organizations manage their short-term and long-term processes through the use of efficient resources, which will have a positive impact on the environment.
Why is Environmental Management important for you?
Environmental Management should be a priority for every organization, regardless of its size or industry. Issues including climate change, ozone layer depletion, atmospheric pollution, soil and groundwater contamination, and the disposal of hazardous wastes should be the main concerns of governments, industries and the general public on a global level. ISO 14001 provides guidelines on how to establish policies and procedures, which will lead to a better environmental performance. These policies will help you in maintaining and controlling environmental impacts and legal compliance.
By being certified against ISO 14001, you will prove to your customers and stakeholders that you are aware of the environmental obligations. Moreover, you will be implementing a system which not only reduces environmental impacts but also reduces costs and increases efficiency within the organization. With ISO 14001 your organization will gain a worldwide recognition which will enable you to grow your business in a sustainable manner.
Benefits of ISO 14001 Environmental Management
Obtaining an ISO 14001 certification will enable you to:
- Improve your career opportunities in the Environmental industry
- Minimize environmental impact
- Increase environmental awareness within the organization
- Reduce the organization's costs and waste production
- Enhance the organization's profile and integrity
- Increase the profits
ISO 14001 Lead Implementer training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an Environmental Management System (EMS) based on ISO 14001. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Environmental Management Systems, consequently reducing an organization’s negative environmental impacts and improving its overall performance and efficiency.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Environmental Management Systems, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 14001 Lead Implementer” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Implementer Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement ISO 14001 in an organization.
- Managers or consultants involved in Environmental Management
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an Environmental Management System
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with EMS requirements
- EMS team members
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 14001, ISO 14040 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an EMS
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 14001 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain an EMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Environmental Management System best practices
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation of an EMS
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understating of ISO 14001 and comprehensive knowledge of implementation principles.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO 14001 and initiation of an EMS
Day 2: Plan the implementation of an EMS
Day 3: Implementation of an EMS
Day 4: EMS monitoring, measurement, continuous improvement and preparation for a certification audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO 14001 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Environmental Management System (EMS)
Domain 2: Environmental Management System (EMS)
Domain 3: Planning an EMS implementation based on ISO 14001
Domain 4: Implementing an EMS based on ISO 14001
Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an EMS based on ISO 14001
Domain 6: Continual improvement of an EMS based on ISO 14001
Domain 7: Preparing for an EMS certification audit
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO 14001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Implementer Certifications are:
Credential Exam Professional experience EMMS project experience Other requirements PECB Certified ISO 14001 Provisional Implementer PECB Certified ISO 14001 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent None None Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO 14001 Implementer PECB Certified ISO 14001 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent Two years: One year of work experience in Environmental Management Project activities: a total of 200 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO 14001 Lead Implementer PECB Certified ISO 14001 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent Five years: Two years of work experience in Environmental Management Project activities: a total of 300 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO 14001 Senior Lead Implementer PECB Certified ISO 14001 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Environmental Management Project activities: a total of 1,000 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
To be considered valid, these implementation activities should follow best implementation practices and include the following activities:
- Drafting an EMS plan
- Initiating an EMS implementation
- Implementing an EMS
- Monitoring and managing an EMS implementation
- Performing continual improvement measures
- You are provided with login information to our learning platform and the course materials.
- You can contact our tutors via Skype, Zoom, Viber or WhatsApp for further questions
- A 3-hour online test in essay type questions. The exam duration is three (3) hours. Non-native speakers receive an additional thirty (30) minutes.
- You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months free of charge
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 30 days
- Skill level Lead level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes