ISO 27001 Lead Implementer (Self-study)
What is this ISO about?
This ISO is about information security management system
Why this course?
This PECB course is strictly validated by the accreditation of the International Accreditation Service (IAS) under ISO/IEC 17024 – Requirements for bodies operating certification of persons
Why should you attend?
During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Information Security Management Systems to secure the organization`s sensitive information and improve the overall performance and effectiveness.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Information Security Management Systems, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Implementer Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement ISO/IEC 27001 in an organization.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants involved in Information Security Management
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an Information Security Management System
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with ISMS requirements
- ISMS team members
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an ISMS
- Learn how to interpret the ISO/IEC 27001 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain an ISMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Information Security Management System best practices
Course outline: 5 days for classroom and 30 days for self-study
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001 and initiation of an ISMS
- Day 2: Planning the implementation of an ISMS
- Day 3: Implementation of an ISMS
- Day 4: ISMS monitoring, continual improvement, and preparation for the certification audit
- Day 5: Certification Exam
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation of an ISMS
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
Prerequisites: A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 and comprehensive knowledge of implementation principles.
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Domain 2: Information Security Management System controls and best practices based on ISO/IEC 27002
- Domain 3: Planning an ISMS implementation based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 4: Implementing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 7: Preparing for an ISMS certification audit
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
The requirements for PECB Implementer Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||ISMS project experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Provisional Implementer||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Implementer||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Information Security Management||Project activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Information Security Management||Project activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Senior Lead Implementer||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Information Security Management||Project activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, these implementation activities should follow best implementation practices and include the following activities:
- Drafting an ISMS plan
- Initiating an ISMS implementation
- Implementing an ISMS
- Monitoring and managing an ISMS implementation
- Performing continual improvement measures
- 18,720,000 VND or
- 800 USD
Book the course
Call us: 0718.104.22.168
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 30 days
- Skill level Lead level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes