ISO 50001 Energy MS Lead Auditor
ISO 50001 Energy MS Lead Auditor
Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB) is a global provider of training, examination, audit, and certification services for multiple fields
CTSafe Center is in partnership with PECB to deliver ISO courses in Vietnam.
What is ISO 50001?
As an international standard, ISO 50001 specifies the requirements for organizations to develop, implement, and improve Energy Management Systems. This allows organizations to follow a specific framework that helps them achieve continual improvement in energy performance, efficiency, usage, and consumption. This framework specifies the measurements, documents, and reports, which enable organizations to monitor the progress of their processes and employees towards energy performance. ISO 50001 requires organizations to establish new policies for an efficient use of energy, to set aims and objectives to meet those policies and review their impacts; genuinely attempting to achieve continuous improvements of energy management
Why is Energy Management important for you?
Energy is crucial to the organization’s operations and can result in major costs regardless of its activities. Energy Management provides guidance on the usage of energy throughout the organization’s supply chain, from raw materials to recycling. Apart from costs, energy usage contributes to climate change as well. Considering that the search for alternative energy sources can be time consuming; every organization should aspire to reduce energy consumption and use. In addition, organizations should attempt to increase employee awareness towards energy conservation. By becoming ISO 50001 certified, you will acquire the necessary skills, which will enable you to help the organization comprehend the positive impacts of this standard. Likewise, you will assist the organization to reduce its contribution to global warming, thus become recognized as an environmentally friendly organization.
Benefits of ISO 50001 Energy Management
By becoming ISO 50001 certified, you will be able to:
- Increase energy efficiency
- Contribute to cost reduction
- Gain competitive advantage
- Increase effectiveness
- Promote best energy practices
- Improve energy performance
- Implement environmentally friendly practices
- Help the organization to improve its reputation
- Assist the organization in energy management
- Contribute to the organization’s continuous improvement
ISO 50001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Energy Management System (EnMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Energy Management System (EnMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an EnMS audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Energy Management System requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Energy Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Energy Management
- Understand the operations of an Energy Management System based on ISO 50001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 50001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 50001 in the context of an EnMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in EnMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO 50001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
Note: Face to face training takes 05 days. For self-study, candidates have 30 days to complete a course and take an exam.
Day 1: Introduction to Energy Management Systems (EnMS) and ISO 50001
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
The "PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Auditor" exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Energy Management System (EnMS)
Domain 2: Energy Management System (EnMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 50001 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 50001 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO 50001 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO 50001 audit program
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO 50001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Auditor Certifications are:
Credential Exam Professional experience MS audit/assessment experience Other requirements PECB Certified ISO 50001 Provisional Auditor PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent None None Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO 50001 Auditor PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent Two years: One year of work experience in Energy Management Audit activities: a total of 200 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Auditor PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent Five years: Two years of work experience in Energy Management Audit activities: a total of 300 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO 50001 Senior Lead Auditor PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Energy Management Audit activities: a total of 1,000 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
To be considered valid, these audits should follow best audit practices and include the following activities:
- Audit planning
- Audit interview
- Managing an audit program
- Drafting audit reports
- Drafting non-conformity reports
- Drafting audit working documents
- Documentation review
- On-site Audit
- Follow-up on non-conformities
- Leading an audit team
- You are provided with login information to our learning platform and the course materials.
- You can contact our tutors via Skype, Zoom, Viber or WhatsApp for further questions
For self-study, candidates have 30 days to complete a course and take an exam.
- A 3-hour online test in essay type questions. The exam duration is three (3) hours. Non-native speakers receive an additional thirty (30) minutes.
- You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months free of charge
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 30 days
- Skill level Lead level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes