NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate – Distance Learning
NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate
Environmental management qualification, aimed at managers, supervisors, and employees, responsible for managing environmental hazards.
Why NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate?
The NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate is a highly-valued, globally-recognised qualification in environmental management. It is aimed at managers, supervisors, and employees.
The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) is a UK-based independent examination board. It delivers vocational qualifications in health, safety, environmental practices and management. In its 40 plus years of operation, more than 400,000 people have gained a NEBOSH qualification. It currently provides health and safety qualifications for around 30,000 candidates per year, with courses available in 80 countries.
Environmental excellence and social responsibility
The NEBOSH Environmental Certificate equips candidates with the knowledge and understanding to demonstrate environmental excellence and social responsibility. This is essential for organisations who wish to avoid prosecution, litigation, and loss of reputation.
Organisations with employees who have passed the NEBOSH environmental certificate are well-placed to introduce and maintain the environmental management standard of ISO 14001.
A course designed by professionals
The NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management is the culmination of extensive research with environmental professionals, employers, professional bodies and regulators. This ensures the course is both rigorous and relevant, but also achievable and practical.
According to NEBOSH, around two-thirds of health and safety practitioners now deal with environmental management as part of their overall day-to-day responsibilities at work. As such, the knowledge gained from the NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management is vital for many health and safety professionals.
Typically, candidates who undertake NEBOSH environmental training have responsibility for managing environmental issues as part of their work. However, it is also suitable for anyone who wishes to start a career in environmental management.
This NEBOSH course is open to anyone who needs to gain a sound understanding of the principles of environmental management, including those who wish to advance their career. The NEBOSH Environmental Certificate is for all companies and organisations who understand the importance of implementing effective environmental management systems.
- Understand the importance of sustainability in environmental management.
- Understand the role of regulatory bodies, national governments and international bodies concerning environmental management.
- Implement an environmental management system (EMS) effectively and appreciate the benefits of doing so.
- Conduct environmental impact assessments, explaining the principles and reasoning.
- Understand and identify sources and use of energy and energy efficiency.
- Outline the principles of air quality standards and the main types of emissions.
- Outline the main sources of pollution and how to control them.
- Understand the importance of minimising waste and outline how to manage waste.
The NEBOSH Environmental Certificate covers two units: EC1 and EC2.
Unit EC1 – Management and control of environmental hazards
Element 1 Foundations in environmental management
Element 2 Environmental management systems
Element 3 Environmental impact assessments
Element 4 Controls of emissions to air
Element 5: Control of contamination of water resources
Element 6: Control of waste and land use
Element 7: Sources and use of energy and energy efficiency
Element 8: Control of environmental noise
Element 9: Planning for and dealing with environmental emergencies
Unit EC2 – Environmental practical application
Unit EC2: Is the practical assessment part of the course. It is carried out in the candidate’s workplace, and they must submit the practical assessment within 14 days of the exam date.
- You are provided with login information to our distance learning platform and course materials
- You can contact our tutors via skype, zoom or viber etc thorough the learning with us to further support if any.
How long does the NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate take?
- Distance learning = 70 hours
There are two parts (EC1, EC2) to successfully complete before you become fully certified with the NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate qualification.
1) For unit EC1, candidates are assessed by a two-hour written examination, in which they must demonstrate their knowledge gained through the course at the British Council in Ho Chi Minh or Ha Noi.
2). Unit EC2 is a practical assessment, which is carried out at the candidate’s workplace. The practical assessment must be submitted within 14 days of the exam date booked.
EC1 – Invigilated paper based exams.
Exam dates will be decided and arranged by Learning Partners. Please speak to our Learning Partner for the next available date and to register.
A NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate will be awarded when a candidate passes two assessments
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 70 hours
- Skill level HSE practitioners
- Language English
- Students 12
- Assessments Yes