NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate Online
NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate
The NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate (Launched 2021) is designed for managers and supervisors who are responsible for fire safety legislation and equips candidates with a range of practical fire safety skills.
Why NEBOSH Fire Safety?
The NEBOSH Fire Safety qualification provides students with the necessary fire safety skills and knowledge to protect people, property and the workplace from fire hazards. By the end of the course, candidates will be able to identify fire risks and implement a range of fire prevention measures.
As part of this course, we also focus on creating the right fire safety culture. This can play a significant role in helping to avoid the damaging and sometimes catastrophic losses that can result from fire. Organizations with staff who have undergone NEBOSH Fire Safety training can rely on a safer environment for employees and visitors.
The NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate course is perfect for those who have fire safety responsibilities at a low to medium risk workplace (such as an office), including Facilities Managers and Health & Safety Managers and Representatives.
It is also suitable for individuals who wish to build a career as a fire safety adviser.
- Understand the management of health and safety
- Manage fire safety protocols in their workplace
- Understand the principles of fires and explosions
- Identify the causes and preventions of fires and explosions
- Identify and implement fire prevention and protection in buildings
- Manage the safety of people in the event of a fire
- Conduct a fire safety risk assessment
- Promote a fire safety culture
- Health and safety management
- Managing fire safety
- Principles of fire and explosion
- Causes and prevention of fires
- Fire protection in buildings
- Safety of people in the event of a fire
- Fire safety risk assessment
- You are provided with login information to our online learning platform and course materials
- You can contact our tutors via skype, zoom or viber etc thorough the learning with us to further support if any.
How long does the NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate take?
- Online learning = 48 hours
There are two assessments for this course – one written exam and one practical exam:
- An online Open Book Exam – Candidates will have 24 hours to complete this written examination from home.
- A practical fire risk assessment – Candidates are required to complete a practical fire risk assessment at their workplace, using frameworks and standards, such as the Home Office fire guidance and PAS79-1:2020. There is no time restriction for the risk assessment, but three hours is recommended to compile a comprehensive risk assessment.
The examination for this qualification will take place once a quarter and the following dates are confirmed:
- Wednesday 23 June 2021
- Wednesday 22 September 2021
- Wednesday 15 December 2021
A NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate will be awarded when a candidate passes two assessments
What's updated from 2020?
- The open Book Exam has replaced invigilated, paper-based exam since Dec 2020
- An open book exam assesses the same learning outcomes as an invigilated, paper-based exam. With an open book exam, you can have access to textbooks, course notes and the internet.
- You can complete an open book exam in your own home, or another suitable location.
- You will have up to 24 hours to complete the NEBOSH open book exam, but we find that most candidates only take 4 – 5 hours.
- Following the open book exam is a short closing interview, which takes approximately 15 minutes. The purpose of the interview is to confirm that the work you have submitted is your own and that you did not have any assistance in completing your NEBOSH assessment.
- The closing interview takes place via video call, which you can access via smartphone, tablet or computer.
- The interviewer will ask to see identification, you need to provide either your passport, driving license or national identity card. The interviewer needs to see the room that you are in to ensure you don’t have access to notes during the interview.
- The interviewer will ask you questions based on your open book exam, your work and your submission.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 48 hours
- Skill level HSE practitioners
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes