ID3 NEBOSH Level 6 International Diploma
Why NEBOSH Level 6 International Diploma for OHS Management Professionals?
The 1st reason: The NEBOSH Level 6 International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals is a perfect choice if you want to make health and safety your career.
The 2nd reason: The NEBOSH Diploma is internationally respected by employers in all sectors.
The 3rd reason: Professional body recognition
- Entitled to use the designatory letters IDipNEBOSHafter your name
- Member status (MIIRSM) of the Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
- Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP): Holders of the NEBOSH Level 6 International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals will now be eligible for certification as a Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST) upon completion of the CRST examination.
- Meet entry requirements for Master of Science (M.Sc) degrees in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
The Level 6 International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals is recognized as a Qualified Equivalent Program (QEP) by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP), meeting the qualified credential requirement for the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification.
Benefits for Learners:
- Completing the NEBOSH Level 6 International Diploma entitles you to the use of “DipNEBOSH” after your name, evidencing your accredited education and expertise.
- The course allows full membership of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) upon completion, giving you access to the recognition and support this body provides.
- NEBOSH Level 6 National and International Diplomas meet the academic requirements to apply for IOSH membership at the appropriate grade.
Benefits for Employers:
- Develop your workplace’s health and safety culture
- Have confidence that someone with the appropriate expertise is managing the safety of your employees
- Raise productivity through reduced time off as a result of workplace accident and injury
- This prestigious qualification has been designed to underpin the capabilities that you need to become an effective health and safety professional.
- Recognized by regulators, professionals and employers the qualification also provides a sound basis for progression to postgraduate study.
After gaining this qualification, candidates will have a firm grasp of all the following areas of knowledge:
You will be able to advise your organisation on the types of legislation likely to apply to the organisation and how enforcement actions could apply; the relevance of the International Labour Organization’s conventions/recommendations to the organisation; how non-government bodies and standards could influence health and safety in the organisation.
You will be able to promote a positive health and safety culture by: gaining commitment and participation; and engaging, supporting, and influencing leaders (and others) to change attitudes and behaviour and make health and safety a priority.
You will be able to assess, develop and maintain individual and organisational health and safety competence.
You will be able to understand risk management including the techniques for identifying hazards, the different types of risk assessment, considerations when implementing sensible and proportionate additional control measures and developing a risk management strategy.
You will be able to develop and implement proactive and reactive health and safety monitoring systems and carry out reviews and auditing of such systems.
You will be able to continually develop your own professional skills and ethics to actively influence improvements in health and safety by providing persuasive arguments to workers at all levels.
You will be able to develop a health and safety policy strategy within your organisation (including proactive safety, Corporate Social Responsibility and the change management process).
You will be able to manage contractors and supply chains to ensure compliance with health and safety standards.
You will be able to advise the organisation on a range of common workplace health issues/ hazards including how these can be assessed and controlled.
You will be able to advise the organisation on a range of common workplace safety issues/ hazards including how these can be assessed.
The qualification unit is assessed in the following way:
ID3 – Do – controlling workplace safety issues.
- You are provided with login information to our distance learning platform and course materials
- You can contact our tutors for further support if any.
- When studying through distance learning, we recommend spending 12 weeks for this unit.
- Assessment – Scenario-based case study in 2 weeks (10 working days)
- ID3: 19 July 2023
- ID3: 10 January 2024
Binh Pham, M.Sc, CMIOSH, FIIRSM
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 12 weeks each unit
- Skill level Safety Professionals
- Language English
- Students 12
- Assessments Yes