NEBOSH International General (IG) Online
Why NEBOSH International General (IG)
The 1st reason: The NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (IGC) provides a broad understanding of health & safety issues and is an essential qualification for anyone working in or wanting to work in safety & health anywhere in the world.
The 2nd reason: The NEBOSH Certificate is highly respected by employers worldwide and is an essential first step for those wanting a long and successful career in HSE. The NEBOSH IGC enables you to apply for many different health and safety jobs, such as Health & Safety Officer, Advisor, Superintendent, etc in almost any industry.
The 3rd reason: Professional body recognition
- Meeting the academic requirements for Technical Membership of IOSH (TechIOSH)
- Being entitled to Associate Membership of the IIRSM (AIIRSM)
The course is designed for:
The course is ideal if you are a manager, supervisor or employee representative based outside the UK. It is also recommended if you are embarking on a career in health and safety, providing a valuable foundation for further professional study.
- How to effectively manage health and safety.
- How to identify and control common workplace hazards.
- How to measure if you’ve been successful.
- ILO key standards and requirements.
- Confidently carrying out risk assessments.
- Developing and implementing a detailed action plan.
- Managing and minimising workplace risks.
- Supporting and developing your company’s health and safety culture.
There are two course Units (IG1, IG2) to successfully complete before you become fully certified with the NEBOSH International General Certificate qualification.
Unit IG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Element 1 – Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2 – How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3 – Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Element 4 – Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG2: Risk Assessment
- Element 5 – Physical and psychological health
- Element 6 – Musculoskeletal health
- Element 7 – Chemical and biological agents
- Element 8 – General workplace issues
- Element 9 – Work equipment
- Element 10 – Fire
- Element 11 – Electricity
- Recommended study time is 108 hours.
There are two assessments for this course – one written exam and one practical exam:
- Unit IG1 – An online Open Book Exam, which you can do it from home.
- Unit IG2 – A practical risk assessment carried out in the workplace to demonstrate the knowledge.
IG1 – Open Book Examination (OBE) is done Online at your home.
Standard examination sittings are held four times a year in March, June, September and December as below. There are new exam dates for 2021.
- Wednesday 3 February 2021
- Wednesday 7 April 2021
- Wednesday 9 June 2021
Note: Please note that all exams must be registered at least 08 weeks prior to the exam date.
What is an Open Book Exam?
- An open book exam assesses the same learning outcomes as an invigilated, paper-based exam. With an open book exam, you can have access to textbooks, course notes and the internet.
- You can complete an open book exam in your own home, or another suitable location. You will have up to 24 hours to complete the NEBOSH open book exam.
What is a closing interview?
- Following the open book exam is a short closing interview, which takes approximately 15 minutes. The purpose of the interview is to confirm that the work you have submitted is your own and that you did not have any assistance in completing your NEBOSH assessment.
- The closing interview takes place via video call, which you can access via smartphone, tablet or computer.
- The interviewer will ask to see identification, you need to provide either your passport, driving license or national identity card. The interviewer needs to see the room that you are in to ensure you don’t have access to notes during the interview.
- The interviewer will ask you questions based on your open book exam, your work and your submission.
Course fee: £598 (GBP) excluding 10% VAT if required
- £393 (GBP) for the course
- £205 (GBP) for registration & exam with NEBOSH
Book the course:
Call us: 0718.104.22.168
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 108 days
- Skill level HSE practitioners
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes