NEBOSH National Diploma Unit A – Distance Learning
Unit A - NEBOSH National Diploma
NEBOSH degree-level qualification for health & safety professionals.
Why NEBOSH National Diploma?
The 1st reason: The NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (Dip) is the must have qualification for those whose ambition is to be a “Safety Professional” and have a high level career in HSE management.
The 2nd reason: In the UK – and, increasingly, worldwide, the NEBOSH Diploma is respected by employers in all sectors.
The 3rd reason: Professional body recognition
- Entitled to use the designatory letters DipNEBOSH after your name
- Graduate Membership (GradIOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). This is the first step to becoming a Chartered Health and Safety Practitioner as a Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH)
- Member status (MIIRSM) of the Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
- Meet the headline entrance criteria requirements for Registered Membership (RMaPS) of the Association for Project Safety (APS).
- Sit directly for the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) assessment as long as they meet BCSP’s eligibility criteria.
- Meet entry requirements for Master of Science (M.Sc) degrees in Occupational Health and Safety Management
This qualification is designed for aspiring health and safety professionals and builds directly upon the knowledge provided by the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. It provides a sound basis for progression to postgraduate study.
Unit A: Managing Health and Safety
- Principles of Health and Safety Management
- Principles of Health and Safety Law
- Criminal Law
- Civil Law
- Loss Causation and Incident Investigation
- Measuring and Reviewing Health and Safety Performance
- Assessment and Evaluation of Risk
- Risk Control
- Organisational Factors
- Human Factors
- The Role of The Health and Safety Practitioner
- You are provided with login information to our distance learning platform and course materials
- You can contact our tutors via skype, zoom or viber etc thorough the learning with us to further support if any.
How long does the Unit A NEBOSH National Diploma take?
- Distance learning = 188 hours
- A 3-hour written exam of unit A is taken in the British Councils in Ho Chi Minh or Ha Noi. A certificate of Unit A will be awarded to candidates when they pass an exam
Note: Exam registration is usually 12 weeks before your chosen exam date.
Examinations Papers are normally held each year in the third full week of January and July for Units A, B and C.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 188 hours
- Skill level Safety Professionals
- Language English
- Students 8
- Assessments Yes