NEBOSH National Diploma Unit A – Distance Learning
Why NEBOSH National Diploma in OHS?
The 1st reason: The NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (Dip) is the must have qualification for those whose ambition is to be a “Safety Professional” and have a high level career in HSE management.
The 2nd reason: In the UK – and, increasingly, worldwide, the NEBOSH Diploma is respected by employers in all sectors.
The 3rd reason: Professional body recognition
- Entitled to use the designatory letters DipNEBOSH after your name
- Graduate Membership (GradIOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). This is the first step to becoming a Chartered Health and Safety Practitioner as a Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH)
- Member status (MIIRSM) of the Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
- Meet the headline entrance criteria requirements for Registered Membership (RMaPS) of the Association for Project Safety (APS).
- Sit directly for the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) assessment as long as they meet BCSP’s eligibility criteria.
- Meet entry requirements for Master of Science (M.Sc) degrees in Occupational Health and Safety Management
This qualification is designed for aspiring health and safety professionals and builds directly upon the knowledge provided by the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. It provides a sound basis for progression to postgraduate study.
- There no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however learners should consider that this is professional level qualification, equivalent to SCQF Level 10.
- Achievement of the NEBOSH National General Certificate, or direct equivalent, prior to undertaking the Diploma course is highly recommended.
- In order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus, it is vital that learners have an appropriate standard of English language.
- NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 7.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
Unit A: Managing Health and Safety
- Principles of Health and Safety Management
- Principles of Health and Safety Law
- Criminal Law
- Civil Law
- Loss Causation and Incident Investigation
- Measuring and Reviewing Health and Safety Performance
- Assessment and Evaluation of Risk
- Risk Control
- Organisational Factors
- Human Factors
- The Role of The Health and Safety Practitioner
- A 3-hour written exam of unit A is taken in the British Councils in Ho Chi Minh or Ha Noi. A certificate of Unit A will be awarded to candiates when they pass an exam
Note: Exam registration is usually 12 weeks before your chosen exam date.
Examinations Papers are normally held each year in the third full week of January and July for Units A, B and C.
- Unit A 12th January 2021
- Unit B 13th January 2021
- Unit C 14th January 2021
- Unit A 6th July 2021
- Unit B 7th July 2021
- Unit C 8th July 2021
Total course fee: £856 (GBP) including course material. The fee covers
- £597 (GBP) for the course
- £135 (GBP) for registration & exams with NEBOSH, UK
- £124 (GBP) for registration 03 exams with British Council in HCM or Ha Noi, Vietnam
Note: The fee for booking an exam with the British Council in Vietnam is subject to change. The current rate for each unit is £124 (GBP). If there is any differential at the time of booking, it will be charged to your account.
Book the course:
Call us: 07220.127.116.11
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 48 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 8
- Assessments Yes