NEBOSH National Diploma in OHS – Distance Learning
NEBOSH National Diploma in OHS
NEBOSH degree-level qualification for health & safety professionals.
Why NEBOSH National Diploma?
The 1st reason: The NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (Dip) is the must have qualification for those whose ambition is to be a “Safety Professional” and have a high level career in HSE management.
The 2nd reason: In the UK – and, increasingly, worldwide, the NEBOSH Diploma is respected by employers in all sectors.
The 3rd reason: Professional body recognition
- Entitled to use the designatory letters DipNEBOSH after your name
- Graduate Membership (GradIOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). This is the first step to becoming a Chartered Health and Safety Practitioner as a Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH)
- Member status (MIIRSM) of the Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
- Meet the headline entrance criteria requirements for Registered Membership (RMaPS) of the Association for Project Safety (APS).
- Sit directly for the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) assessment as long as they meet BCSP’s eligibility criteria.
- Meet entry requirements for Master of Science (M.Sc) degrees in Occupational Health and Safety Management
This qualification is designed for aspiring health and safety professionals and builds directly upon the knowledge provided by the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. It provides a sound basis for progression to postgraduate study.
- Effectively manage health and safety.
- Understand key UK legal frameworks for health and safety, including the essential elements of health and safety systems.
- Identifying and controlling risks associated with hazardous agents, workplace issues and equipment.
- Management of workplace stress.
- The importance of human factors in reducing incidents.
- Support and develop your company’s health and safety culture.
The NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety provides core health and safety knowledge that is applicable across all sectors. When combined with understanding and appropriate application, it underpins the competent performance of an Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner.
The key topics covered by the qualification are:
- Management of health and safety at work
- The Key legal frameworks for health and safety in the UK, including the key elements of health and safety systems
- The identification and control of risk associated with hazardous agents, workplace issues and equipment
- Management of stress at work
- The importance of human factors in reducing incidents
Learners may choose to take individual units in any order during their 5 year enrolment period and will be awarded a unit certificate for each unit passed.
The qualification is divided into four units, each of which is assessed separately:
- Unit A Managing health and safety
- Unit B Hazardous agents in the workplace
- Unit C Workplace and work equipment safety
- Unit DNI Application of health and safety management in the workplace
Unit A: Managing Health and Safety
- Principles of Health and Safety Management
- Principles of Health and Safety Law
- Criminal Law
- Civil Law
- Loss Causation and Incident Investigation
- Measuring and Reviewing Health and Safety Performance
- Assessment and Evaluation of Risk
- Risk Control
- Organisational Factors
- Human Factors
- The Role of The Health and Safety Practitioner
Unit B: Hazardous Substances / Agents in the Workplace
- Managing Occupational Health
- Identification, Assessment and Evaluation of Hazardous Substances
- Control of Hazardous Substances
- Monitoring and Measuring of Hazardous Substances
- Biological Agents
- Noise and Vibration
- Mental Ill-Health and Dealing with Violence and Aggression At Work
- Musculoskeletal Risks and Controls
- Work Environment Risks and Controls
Unit C: Workplace and Work Equipment Safety
- Workplace Welfare Requirements and Specific Workplace Issues
- Fires and Explosions
- Workplace Fire Risk Assessment
- Storage, Handling and Processing of Hazardous Substances
- Work Equipment
- Workplace Machinery
- Mobile, Lifting, Access and Work at Height Equipment
- Electrical Safety
- Construction and Works of A Temporary Nature – Hazards And Controls
- Workplace Transport and Managing Work-Related Road Risk
Unit DNI: Application of Health and Safety Theory and Practice
- You are provided with login information to our distance learning platform and course materials
- You can contact our tutors via skype, zoom or viber etc thorough the learning with us to further support if any.
How long does the NEBOSH National Diploma take?
- Distance learning = 450 – 500 hours
There are four assessments
- A 3-hour each written exam of unit A, B and C is taken in the British Councils in Ho Chi Minh or Ha Noi.
- Unit D is assessed by an 8,000 word work based project at your own worksite.
Note: Exam registration is usually 12 weeks before your chosen exam date.
Examinations Papers are normally held each year in the third full week of January and July for Units A, B and C.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 400 - 500 Hours
- Skill level Safety Professionals
- Language English
- Students 8
- Assessments Yes