OSHA 8-hour HAZWOPER Refresher (Self-study)
8-Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Refresher
The 8-hour HAZWOPER Refresher course satisfies OSHA’s requirement for eight hours of annual HAZWOPER refresher training. This training is designed for workers and managers at uncontrolled hazardous waste operations who previously completed 40- or 24-hour HAZWOPER training.
The goal of refresher training is to ensure workers stay competent and up to date on safety practices related to operations involving hazardous substances.
Who Needs 8-Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training?
Workers at uncontrolled hazardous waste operations and those involved in emergency response actions must receive eight hours of HAZWOPER refresher training each year.
If you completed 40-hour HAZWOPER training or 24-hour HAZWOPER training, you must take the 8-Hour HAZWOPER Refresher course annually as required by OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.120.
Roles at HAZWOPER sites that require refresher training include:
- Equipment operators
- General laborers
- Hazardous materials technicians
- Hazardous materials specialists
- Hazardous materials supervisors
- On-scene incident commanders
- Other general site workers
- On-site management and supervisory personnel
Workers must complete eight hours of HAZWOPER Refresher training within 12 months of the anniversary date of their previous HAZWOPER training. Employees who fail to meet this requirement may need to repeat their initial training.
The 8-hour HAZWOPER Refresher course will keep you up to date on a wide range of topics relevant to hazardous waste operations, including:
- Levels of Protection
- Detecting Hazardous Materials
- Site Safety Planning
- Hazard Communication
- Hazardous Waste
- You are provided with the course materials.
- You can contact our tutors via Skype, Zoom, Viber or WhatsApp for further questions
To complete within 1 month, but typically takes about 2 weeks.
- Inform us 3 days in advance to book a test when you are ready for it.
- A 2-hour invigilated (supervised) paper test in a 30 question of multiple choice format.
- The test is done at our Center, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; you must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course.
Upon successful completion of the course and pass the tests, a participant will receive a certificate of OSHA 8-hour HAZWOPER Refresh by IBOEHS.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 12
- Assessments Yes