Working Safely Tool # 8
About Hearts & Minds
- The Hearts and Minds toolkit was developed by Shell E&P, based upon 20 years of university research, and is being successfully applied in both Shell and non-Shell companies around the world.
- Hearts and Minds uses a range of tools and techniques to help the organization involve all staff in managing HSE as an integral part of their business.
- Collectively, these tools and techniques are known as the Hearts and Minds Toolkit.
This state of the art toolkit is available to those outside the Shell Group, thanks to a publishing agreement between the Energy Institute and Shell E&P. The Hearts and Minds Toolkit has tools suitable for managers, team leaders and workforce at all levels, that are designed to work alongside any existing HSE tools your organisation may already use.
Why Working Safely Course?
The basic premise of the approach is that by winning the hearts and minds of everyone at work, employees attain a positive attitude towards working safely.
One of the best ways to ensure safety is to act in a sensible way when around hazards. Companies have to provide a safe place to work – this is why a health, safety and environment management system (HSE-MS) is needed. However, not all hazards can be removed or controlled by systems, and people working close to hazards should be careful of their own safety and their colleagues.
In order for someone to work safely six main steps are necessary:
- Sense the hazard – can you even see/hear it?
- Know the hazard – do you understand how dangerous it is?
- Plan your response – what are you going to do about it?
- Act in the best way – will you actually do the right thing?
- Maintain this way of thinking.
- Look, Tell, Listen – give and receive feedback.
The Working Safely provides a structure for understanding the causes of unsafe behaviour and addressing them.
- Explains how and why people fail to act properly around hazards.
- Contains tools that can be run in formal workshops or informally as day-to-day activities.
- Helps change the attitudes of people who take part in the exercises.
- Provides guidelines for managers on how to set clear expectations and improve safety reporting systems.
Who is this course for
- This course is for supervisors and workers
- Understanding process of six main steps to work safely at work
Course Accreditation: The Board of Certified Occupational Safety Professionals (BCOSP)
- 1,989,000 vnd or
This fee covers certificate and original booklet of the tool by Energy Institute, UK
Minimum # of participants: 15/class
Course duration: 08 hours
Book the course:
Call us: 07184.108.40.206
Watch the Shadow of a doubt video which demonstrates when a safety intervention can and should be made in different scenarios.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level Supervisors & Workers
- Language English and/or Vietnamese
- Students 13
- Assessments Yes