W502 Thermal Environment
This course aims to provide attendees with a sound understanding of the effects of the thermal environment on people and a means of assessing and controlling the risks associated with thermal stress.
On completing this course, the attendees will be able to identify sources of thermal stress within the working environment and to understand the nature of thermal strain on the body.
Attendees will also be able to make an assessment of the thermal environment through appropriate measurement and other means; to evaluate the likely risk from exposure to thermal stress and to suggest appropriate control approaches for the thermal environment.
Who should attend?
Personnel managing workplace safety and health, workplace safety and health professionals and consultants
- The Thermal Spectrum
- Principles of Thermal Environment
- Effects of Temperature Extremes
- Thermal Comfort
- Evaluation of Hot Environments
- Control of Hot Environments
- Thermal Surveys
- Evaluation of Cold Environments
- Control of Cold Environments
- Approaches to Risk Assessment